Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

MAX10 and bitstream encryption

JDude1
Beginner

Is anybody able to tell me why I do not see "Encrypt bitstream" option in Convert Programming Files window? I see only Compress. What should I do to make it available? My device is 10M02169SCU and bigger (10M04, 10M08). Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

Have you follow MAX 10 configuration userguide below?

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/max-10/ug_m10_config.pdf

Let me know if you need further information.

Thank you.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
JDude1
Beginner

Hello Aiman, thank you for your reply. Yes, I have tried steps described in that manual, however, I still have only "compress" option. I assume that here should be also "encrypt", which is not present. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need any license for that? And, does this work in Lite edition of Quartus? Thank you in advance for your reply.

2020-04-15 18_55_19-Quartus Prime Lite Edition.png

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Yes. You need to have a license in order to encrypt bitstream for Max10 as it was consider as a security for the device.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
JDude1
Beginner

Is it a regular license, which I can get by applying in self-service license center, or is it something special? If it is something special, how can I apply for it, and how much does it cost? I have received .dat file from Intel, but for some reasons it cannot be used - look at picture attached. Subscription expiration shows date in the past. I assume it is a regular license, not for encryption?

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I will help to apply for you. I will proceed this conversation through private message as it need some information.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
jdai
Beginner

Sorry to tag to this message. I don't know how to get tech support other than from here. I'd like to get the license to enable encryption for my Quartus Lite. 20.1.1.  as well. Please help.

0 Kudos