Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20640 Discussions

MAX10 webserver / socket server working sample

Johny123
Beginner

Hi,

Is there a sample working design available on MAX10 development kit, for a simple socket server or webserver/remote-update with Quartus versions > 17.0. All current designs available in the design store do not pass the Qsys generation stage without error.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

May I know which design(socket server) you referring to? Do you have the link?

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

Is this the design (socket server) you referring to?

link : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design-example/714915/max-10-nios-ii-simple-socket-server-ethernet-example.html

please confirm.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
Johny123
Beginner

Hi Farabi,

Thanks for the quick revert.

Yes, I tried the ,

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply but I have got news from the engineering team where Quartus is not yet supported on Windows 11, therefore the design example that you are compiling will have errors.

Hope this clarifies your doubts. Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
Johny123
Beginner

Hi Kelly,

Yes, thanks for confirming. We surmised as much from our search and the design built fine on an older Windows 7 system.

We had subsequent issues with the NIOS eclipse build flow on >17.0, though. The TSE mac drivers seem to have been upgraded to use msgdma while the design example has sgdma. It built successfully on older 16.0 (deprecated now?!). So for the time being, we have worked around this issue by copying the older 16.0 bsp drivers to replace the current drivers on >17.0 quartus. Just wanted to confirm if this is the same at your end as well; and if there is an example design available which will be compatible with the latest quartus versions i.e. with msgdma ?

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Yes, the design example is compatible on the 16.0 Quartus version and I am glad you found your workaround.

The only latest design example that can be compiled on Quartus would be the 17.1.1 version which is available here for you to choose, I will put it here again for your reference: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design-example/714915/max-10-nios-ii-simple-socket-server-ethernet-example.html

Hope this clarifies your doubts.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Any updates from your side on the example design that I provided?

Regards.

Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Any updates from your side on the example design that I provided?

Regards.

Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous reply that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly Jialin, GOH

0 Kudos