Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

Multiple problems with PEF7071

Gerard
Novice

Hello,

We are using the PEF7071 (as an RGMII) with an FPGA in a custom pcb designed here. We've run in some problems that didn't happen when testing the FPGA firmware with the Cyclone 10 LP Development Board, or the MAX 10 Development Board. 

The first problem is MDIO Interrupt, for a reason we don't understand it seems that the signal is working but at a lower voltage than expected. Our supply is 2.5V and we are using the internal regulator for 1V, the MDIO Interrupt is Low at 0 V and High at around 1V (the pin is in a pull-up to 2.5V with a 10K Resistor). 

Any ideas?

We haven't been able to make the RGMII work yet, but the chip seems to be alive and sending signals, we've checked all the supply voltages and everything seems to be in order.

Thanks,

GG

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Gerard,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

Since your issue is regarding the , we need to route this thread to the correct group so you will be better assisted by the proper team.

Please wait for their reply within 1 to 2 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Gerard
Novice

The RGMII is still not working but I solved the MDIO problem.

The MDIO Interruption pin was set as an input not an output in the FPGA, once this has been solved the MDIO is working again.

Now I'll keep working on the RGMII itself, I'll post an update if I find something about it.

0 Kudos