Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

NIOS II HAL has a problem, while editing the BSP and regenerating it.

GBusl
New Contributor I

I do creating a NIOS project on Eclipse and I have to edit the BSP and then generate the BSP. Once I do that it gives me and error. Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi Galio, Thanks for this question. As I understood , you have edited the BSP settings and then you see the following error (correct if I am wrong): ****************** make all Makefile not up to date. settings.bsp has been modified since the BSP Makefile was generated. Generate the BSP to update the Makefile, and then build again. To generate from Eclipse: 1. Right-click the BSP project. 2. In the Nios II Menu, click Generate BSP. To generate from the command line: nios2-bsp-generate-files --settings=<settings file> --bsp-dir=<target bsp files directory> make: *** [makefile] Error 1 ************************************ Please follow the instruction given. If you still see the same error, Please do the following: 1- Open the BSP project folder 2- Right click the Makefile>> Delete 3- Open the NIOS II Command Shill 4- Write the following commands: cd <...../project_bsp> nios2-bsp-generate-files --settings=settings.bsp --bsp-dir=<C:/…./<project_bsp/> 5- Build your project again. Regards, Embedded guy

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Please post the exact error message and if possible the NIOS HW & SW project so that we can take a look.

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi Galio, Thanks for this question. As I understood , you have edited the BSP settings and then you see the following error (correct if I am wrong): ****************** make all Makefile not up to date. settings.bsp has been modified since the BSP Makefile was generated. Generate the BSP to update the Makefile, and then build again. To generate from Eclipse: 1. Right-click the BSP project. 2. In the Nios II Menu, click Generate BSP. To generate from the command line: nios2-bsp-generate-files --settings=<settings file> --bsp-dir=<target bsp files directory> make: *** [makefile] Error 1 ************************************ Please follow the instruction given. If you still see the same error, Please do the following: 1- Open the BSP project folder 2- Right click the Makefile>> Delete 3- Open the NIOS II Command Shill 4- Write the following commands: cd <...../project_bsp> nios2-bsp-generate-files --settings=settings.bsp --bsp-dir=<C:/…./<project_bsp/> 5- Build your project again. Regards, Embedded guy
GBusl
New Contributor I

Thanks a lot Embedded guy, I hope I can meet you one day.

0 Kudos