Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

Name of a library that holds the Native PHY IP

SKon1
Novice

Hello,

I'm designing on an Arria V FPGA with a Native Transceiver PHY.

The VHDL component name is: "altera_xcvr_native_av"

I want to instantiate the component in my design without explicitly declaring the component prototype - for this I must know in what library the "altera_xcvr_native_av" is compiled...

How can I find this information ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi SKon1, Just would like to check with you if you have had a chance to look into the <Native PHY>.qip file which was generated after you instantiate the Native PHY IP to see if it is something you are looking for? Inside this file you will find all the required HDL files to be compiled for the Native Phy to work Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you. Best regards, Chee Pin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

You can check 'open component folder' by doing Right-click an IP core name in IP Catalog as shown below,

I hope it may helps to you.

IP Catalog.JPG

Best Regards

Vikas Jathar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

You can check by doing Right-click an IP core name in IP Catalog as shown below,

I hope it may helps to you.

IP Catalog.JPG

Best Regards

Vikas Jathar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos
SKon1
Novice

Hi.

This isn't what I'm looking for...

I want to know the VHDL library that "altera_xcvr_native_av" is a member of.

For example:

"scfifo" is a member component of the "altera_mf_components" package.

"altera_mf_components" is a package inside the "altera_mf" library.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi SKon1,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the AV Native PHY. Sorry as I am not really familiar with VHDL coding but I will try my best to address your inquiries.

Based on my understanding on your initial description, you seems to be inquiring about the library used to compile the AV Native PHY. Please correct me if I am wrong, as I understand it, there are a number of files or libraries that need to be compiled for Native PHY. It is unlike primitive IP which only require a single file or library. When you instantiate the AV Native PHY, the Megawizard will help to generate a number of HDL files required to be compiled for the Native PHY. You may try to refer to the <Native PHY>.qip file which specify all the required HDL files to be compiled to see if you can find something helpful specific to your requirement.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
SKon1
Novice

"there are a number of files or libraries that need to be compiled for Native PHY. It is unlike primitive IP which only require a single file or library."

Where can I find a list of all the the libraries that are used?

This information is essential in case a VHDL user wishes to instantiate the IP without declaring the component prototype...

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi SKon1, Just would like to check with you if you have had a chance to look into the <Native PHY>.qip file which was generated after you instantiate the Native PHY IP to see if it is something you are looking for? Inside this file you will find all the required HDL files to be compiled for the Native Phy to work Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you. Best regards, Chee Pin
0 Kudos