Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

New Guy Needs Help

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am a student so I downloaded the Quartus Prime lite. The problem I am getting is on the top row and somewhere in the bottom center of the screen. I am trying to type VHDL code to run a simple LED on and off switch. On the top row, when I start typing the usual LIBRRY ieee, that last two ee do not show. When I run my mouse over it, the cursor turns into a finger pointer as though there is a link to something yet I see nothing. If I scroll about 10 lines down and start typing, I see everything. There is something there yet I can not see it. Is there a fix for that or is there something I am not setting correctly. Can anyone help me please. Thank you

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have not heard of this before, what is your OS and Quartus version?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I have not heard of this before, what is your OS and Quartus version? 

--- Quote End ---  

My operating system is Windows 10 and I have the latest version of Quartus Pro 17.0 lite
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I don't understand what's going on here. Can you take a screenshot and post it?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

LIBRARY not LIBRRY

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

LIBRARY not LIBRRY 

--- Quote End ---  

I assumed that was a typo in the post.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I assumed that was a typo in the post. 

--- Quote End ---  

I apologize I have not written back to you who have answered me. Yes it was a typo and also once I saved the file and reopened it, everything was fine. I guess because I have the lite version, there are two advertisement that hide in the backround. Once I save and re open and start typing, everything seems to work fine. I will do more work on it to see how it goes and ask any question that may arise. Thank you for your help.
0 Kudos