Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

PDN Tool Custom Lmnt Issue

jlally
Novice

Hello FPGA Forum, having an issue with the fpga pdn tool (device agnostic from website):

1. The value of “Custom-Lmnt” in the Decap Selection Tab is not being set to the capacitors “Custom-Lmnt” from the Library Tab, instead it’s being set to the “Custom-Lmnt” of the capacitor value that’s in the same relative position in the Library Tab.
  2. For Example see the attached screen shots below of the Library & Decap Selection tabs from a design I’m doing:
    1. In the library Tab the 4.7uF capacitor on the bottom row has it’s “Custom-Lmnt” set to 0, and the 0.001uF capacitor on the top row has it’s Custom-Lmnt set to 1.19nH.
    2. So in the Decap selection tab was expecting the Lmnt of 4.7uf to be 0, but instead it’s 1.19nH.

Note that the ESR & ESL in the Decap Selection are being picked up as expected, i.e. in this case they’re 0 in both the Library & Decap selection Tabs.

Can you please advise:

1.   Is this is a bug or if not how I'm mistaken?
  2.   If a bug:
    1. When can we expect a fix ?
    2. Is there a way to work around the spread-sheet password protection so we can implement a fix while the spread-sheet update is pending?

Thank you,

-John

PDN_LibSel_Tabs.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jlally
Novice

Hi Farabi,

The PDN Rev is 1.1, see screen shot below.  Program is classified, can't share device.

-John

PDN_Tool_Rev.PNG

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello John, 

May I know what version of PDN and for what device are you using? 

regards,
Farabi

0 Kudos
jlally
Novice

Hi Farabi,

The PDN Rev is 1.1, see screen shot below.  Program is classified, can't share device.

-John

PDN_Tool_Rev.PNG

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hi John, 

I am afraid this is bug in PDN calculation. I need more information on the device in order for me to file a bug report, you dont have to give the exact part number, but device family information would do. 

regards,
Farabi

0 Kudos
jlally
Novice

Hi Farabi,

Unfortunately, the best I can do at this time is to let you know I've downloaded the 28nm_pdn_hid_04_27 PDN tool and that's working.

-John

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hi John, 

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos