Hello FPGA Forum, having an issue with the fpga pdn tool (device agnostic from website):
- The value of “Custom-Lmnt” in the Decap Selection Tab is not being set to the capacitors “Custom-Lmnt” from the Library Tab, instead it’s being set to the “Custom-Lmnt” of the capacitor value that’s in the same relative position in the Library Tab.
- For Example see the attached screen shots below of the Library & Decap Selection tabs from a design I’m doing:
- In the library Tab the 4.7uF capacitor on the bottom row has it’s “Custom-Lmnt” set to 0, and the 0.001uF capacitor on the top row has it’s Custom-Lmnt set to 1.19nH.
- So in the Decap selection tab was expecting the Lmnt of 4.7uf to be 0, but instead it’s 1.19nH.
Note that the ESR & ESL in the Decap Selection are being picked up as expected, i.e. in this case they’re 0 in both the Library & Decap selection Tabs.
Can you please advise:
- Is this is a bug or if not how I'm mistaken?
- If a bug:
- When can we expect a fix ?
- Is there a way to work around the spread-sheet password protection so we can implement a fix while the spread-sheet update is pending?
I am afraid this is bug in PDN calculation. I need more information on the device in order for me to file a bug report, you dont have to give the exact part number, but device family information would do.
I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.