Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Printer problem with Intel Quartus Prime Lite Edition 21.1

boylansr
Beginner

Just installed Intel Quartus Prime Lite Edition 21.1 on Windows 11, open a file, then tried printing it:

Page setup does nothing.

Print does nothing.

Print preview shows the file and clicking on print brings up the save dialog for saving as a pdf file.

The default printer is a Brothers printer and other programs print fine without an issue.

Any know why Intel Quartus Prime Lite Edition 21.1 does not allow selecting a printer?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SyafieqS

HI samuel,

Any snapshot if possible?

If you are trying to do normal print, save the file and print it. That would be easier

0 Kudos
boylansr
Beginner

I saved the file but still can only print to pdf:

boylansr_0-1652996408217.png

Page setup does not open and print does not open--only print preview work but does not allow to change printer.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Samuel,

What I mean, alternatively, yes you can save to pdf and from there print it as usual as a workaround

Since Quartus is not able to print directly which I will investigate.

Let me know if this is not possible as well.

0 Kudos
boylansr
Beginner

I am now wondering if this is a problem with Windows 11 and Quartus as I have just installed Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator and it also will not print, not even by pdf.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Samuel,

Window 11 is not supported and recommended to be used for Quartus. You can use at your own risk.

Use supported OS for Quartus is suggested in link below.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/design-software/os-support.html

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos