Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20642 Discussions

Procedure to add uClk_usr in Streaming DMA AFU

Navaneeth
Novice

I want to run my AFU in uClk_usr domain in the Streaming DMA AFU sample example. Please can you provide the steps that need to be followed in order to achieve this.

Thank you

0 Kudos
29 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Usually the AFU does not need to have a special SDC for it as it is covered in the default SDC.

0 Kudos
raks
Beginner

Hi,

I tried using uClk_usr with the help of clock crossing module. I instantiated the clock crossing module in the ccip_std_afu.sv  file and in spite of that, I got the "timing constraints not met" error.  What is the reason for getting that error and how to rectify it?

Thank you

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Could you share with me the timing report or the compilation log?

0 Kudos
raks
Beginner

Hi,

Please find the attachment of the log files.

0 Kudos
Navaneeth
Novice
Hi
Any reply is much appreciated.
0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I do not observed that the timing constrant error you mention in the logs provided.

0 Kudos
raks
Beginner

Hi,

The error can be seen in flame-job-script.sh.o891757 file. It is printed at the end of the file. 

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You will need to try to recompile your design in different seeds to see if it is able to close the timing. May I know if the timing issue will impact your testing?

0 Kudos
Navaneeth
Novice

Hi,

To reiterate the issue that we’re facing, it is that the timing constraints are not being met when we are synthesising our code using quartus for the purpose of getting the GBS file as output. The error files are attached in one of the previous messages.

We want to know how we can send a lower frequency of clock (user clock having 300 MHz) in the right manner to the avst decimator file so that we don’t get the timing constraints not met error.

We’re referring to the streaming dma afu bbb provided by Intel.

Thank you

0 Kudos