Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Programming the EPM7128AEFC100-10 via JTAG

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

We still produce a boards that contains a EPM7128AEFC10-100. The logic sheet refers to it as an EPLD. Our production line was using an IC tester to program this device, but that tester has died and we need to program this device on several boards. I'm assuming I can use the JATG port and probably an Altera Byte Blaster, but I can't find any information on what I need here. 

Advice? 

Kelly Small 

Pr. Test Engineer 

Honeywell
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

MAX7000AE can be programmed with any Altera JTAG programmer and old Quartus versions that support the device family, e.g. Quartus version 9. 

Do you have a Quartus project containing the logic description or a portable JTAG programming file?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

MAX7000AE can be programmed with any Altera JTAG programmer and old Quartus versions that support the device family, e.g. Quartus version 9. 

Do you have a Quartus project containing the logic description or a portable JTAG programming file? 

--- Quote End ---  

I will have to check with our DE, I don't think we have a project file and I know there are several devices on the chain. Shouldn't be too difficult to create one though. I've used similar tools with JTAG before. 

Thank!
0 Kudos