Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20702 Discussions

Quartus.exe not responding

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi I am using Quartus 12.1 licensed edition. I am trying to use the programmer to program one of the FPGAs. But, whenever I try to launch the programmer the tool stops responding and hangs. 

It pops a dialog box that reads "quartus.exe not reponding". I have to close the application and restart it. Same thing happens with Quartus15 as well. 

Does anyone knows as to what is triggering this? Please suggest. 

Thanks, 

Sanjana
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry I have no idea, but which OS are you running?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using Windows 7. Its not just for programmer but for SignalTap as well. Seems to very slow.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

what type of Altera board did you use?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Has it ever worked for you? Do you see the jtag device,?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Actually I uninstalled and re-installed it again. Its working fine now. I guess one of the files got corrupted. 

Thanks anyway.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am having the same issue with Quartus 16 licensed version. programmer does not respond at all. 

Please send in suggestions. 

thanks, 

Sanjana
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am working with quartus 16 on windows 7 and I have this irritating problem also; one clicks and signaltap hangs for about 30 seconds. Never had that problem with quartus 11. Unfortunately, I had to move to quartus 16 to work with MAX10.  

Has anybody from altera anything to say about this new "feature"???? it seems each new quartus version is worse than the one before!!
0 Kudos