Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Remote Update for Arria10

DanF1
Beginner

Hi there,

I'm using the Intel Remote Update IP on an Arria10 device with a EPCQL512F24IN memory device. I have successfully managed to trigger a reconfigure via user logic using the remote update IP when I have previously stored two .sof's on the flash (went through the process of generating a .jic with two different .sof's at page 1 and page 2 and programmed this to the board before triggering a reconfigure) which worked as expected.

My aim is to be able to write a new FPGA image to the flash over internal comms then trigger the reconfigure as I did before. However, I am unsure as to how I would generate a .pof (or whatever I'm meant to be writing to the flash) in a binary format so I can send it in the payload data field (of my message structure) over my communications link to be written to the flash?

Does anyone have any experience with this and could point me in the right direction? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
Jens
Novice

Hi,

I'm also using the remote system upgrade controller in Arria 10 and a MT25QU256 serial flash device. I do convert the .sof to a binary file before flashing the Micron device. I use the commandline tools:

sof2flash --input="fpga_design.sof" --output="fpga_design.flash" --epcq
nios2-elf-objcopy -I srec -O binary "fpga_design.flash" fpga_design.bin

Flashing is done via Nios2 and the Serial Flash Controller II Core using Nios2 HAL drivers.

Jens

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos