Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

Reset in ALTREMOTE IP (Arria 10)

Fpedga
Novice

Hello,

I'm using ALTREMOTE IP in my Arria 10 project. I have followed these 2 recommendations in the User guide:

- Input clock of 20 MHz

- Asynchronous reset input to the IP core to initialize the machine to a valid state. The machine must be reset before first use, otherwise the state is not guaranteed to be valid.

My question is, is there any requirement (not mentioned in the doc) about the duration of the asynchronous reset? In my tests, I have tried 2 different resets (applied on power up): one that is ~25 us long and another one that is ~500 ms long. It only worked with the 500ms reset (I still have to narrow down the minimum duration for it to properly work); when using the 25us reset, the result of reading Reconfiguration Trigger Conditions parameter is incorrect.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

Please be noted that I am checking this internally. Will update you soon.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Further checking with my team, Arria 10 should be quite fast. Around 2 clock cycle.

If using 20 MHz, is about 0.00005 ms. If 2 clock cycle should be around 0.00010 ms.

How do you measure 500 ms?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
Fpedga
Novice

I'm using a 32-bit counter running at 20 MHz. I'm holding ALTREMOTE IP in reset until counter reaches value 10772980; that would result in a 10772980 * (1/20e6) = 538.649 ms reset

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos