Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20803 Discussions

SOPC Builder is replaced how I build my NIOS II project

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, many PDFs I am reading are about SOPC Builder , however it is not found in Quartus ver. 13 , I have completed the "Lights" example steps , but when I download it to the DE2 cyclone II nothing happens. Please Help me.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

SOPC Builder is now QSYS (Tools..Qsys). 

NOt sure it helps but one very common mistake is to forget the pin assignments.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you, I tried , the elf file is not generated successfully , I spent many days with that :(

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Can you post more details? What step is failing? There is not much we can use to help you. 

You have to build your FPGA project with Qsys + a top in VHDL or VERILOG, upload to fpga. Then create a NIOS workspace with a BSP project and your ELF project.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have completed my NIOS II correctly, next launched the Eclipse ( Quartus 13) , loaded my sopc file , all that going well, after that no, I couldn't build any simple example., many thanks for your reply fredbk , you are trying to help that is enough.... thanks again.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I have completed my NIOS II correctly, next launched the Eclipse ( Quartus 13) , loaded my sopc file , all that going well, after that no, I couldn't build any simple example., many thanks for your reply fredbk , you are trying to help that is enough.... thanks again. 

--- Quote End ---  

By the way you completed correctly in the same version of 13.1 or older version as SOPC builder is in older versions. I think you can straight to those exampe which is starting with QSYS instead. :D
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks citybank, I am trying!

0 Kudos