Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20623 Discussions

STM-4/STS-12 (622.08MBps) with Cyclone V?

НЛоги
Beginner

Hello.

I would like to use Cyclone V for work with STM-4/STS-12 (622.08MBps) .

622.08MBps successfully fits in a Cyclone V transmitters speed range, but I have no information about Cyclone V compliance with STM-4/STS-12 jitter/ jitter tolerance requirements.

If somebody made such measurements, please say if CycloneV compliant with STM-4/STS-12 or not?

Digits are welcome.

Thank you in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Deshi_Intel
HI, You can checkout below link on the supported protocol for Cyclone V device. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/solutions/technology/transceiver/protocols.html Based on the link info, it doesn't seems Cyclone V is certified with STM-4/STS-12. Hence, there won't have measurement data result for STM4/STS-12. Regards, dlim
0 Kudos
НЛоги
Beginner

I hope some users tested CycloneV for STM-4/STS-12.

This is not a problem if you have CycloneV board with SFP cage and jitter-capable STM/Sonet test equipment.

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel
HI, Thanks for the sharing and it's good to know it may work on Cyclone V FPGA. Unfortunately from Intel FPGA side, this is not official support protocol and hence it's not tested as I explained earlier. However if there is other forum user that have verified themselves and able to supply you the test result then it will be a plus point. Thanks. Regards, dlim
0 Kudos