Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

Sending packet through Stratix 10 but Linux and Wireshark can't receive.

HHo2
Beginner

I have implement 25g ethernet IP, and test it by sending and receiving packet between 2 of fpga 25g port, port A and port B.

both of FPGA port can send and receive data, and can be confirmed by signaltap.

Then I plug port A to Mellanox 25g port on CentOS, FPGA can receive ARP request from CentOS, but when FPGA sending ARP request, OS seems not receive any packet, because FPGA didn't receive ARP reply packet or any otrher packet.

I have use wireshark to monitor, wireshark didn't receive packet from FPGA.

My question is my FPGA can receive data from OS, but OS can't receive data from FPGA, what is the reason?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RRomano001
New Contributor I

Hi, sorry if it seems silly, Cabling are correct? So both FPGA I suppose have same connector and use same board, from your word it seems like packet travel just in one direction.

You have to publish more detail about otherwise it is impossible try answer similar question we cannot imagine if far from board and test bed.

Regards

0 Kudos
HHo2
Beginner

Yes, cabling are correct.

seems like packet travel only in one direction, FPGA can receive data from mellanox, but mellanox can't receive data from FPGA.

So, I want to know is there anyone have project that communication between FPGA and mellanox?

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel
Hi, ARP request is operate at network layer protocol. When you tested between two FPGAs. Are you testing ARP? Could you please just try to send out some data from the MAC layer? Or you might need to signal tap @ the MAC interface to confirm if there is any data coming in from the network layer for the ARP request. If not, then you need to debug the driver or network layer but not 25G IP. Regards -SK
0 Kudos