Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20689 Discussions

Setting VCC on MAX 10

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

An old VHDL design is being ported to a MAX 10 device (10M2DCU324C8G). It is to run in a 3.3V system. The Quartus Prime Lite compiled it and assigned pins but it configured all the pins to 2.5V (default). Where does one specify the VCCIO voltage so that it will assign all pins to a 3.3V type (LVCMOS seems to be the right one). 

I tried to use "assignments->settings->operating voltages and conditions->Voltage" but all values are grayed and can not be changed.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Under the 'Assignments' menu, select 'Pin Planner'. Here you can specify the I/O standards for all your I/O. 

Alternatively, you can change the default I/O standard for your project. 'Assignments' -> 'Device', then select 'Device and Pin Options...'. In the 'Voltage' category change the 'Default I/O standard'. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks, 

I could not find any place in the "pin planner" to change the IO standard but in "Assignments-> Device ->Device and pin options->Voltage" it was possible to change the default. An interesting note was that the similar screen in "assignments -> settings" was greyed out.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

An interesting note was that the similar screen in "assignments -> settings" was greyed out. 

--- Quote End ---  

Not just greyed out but also telling "Configurable trough pin assignments", which is exactly the point. This means either Assignment Editor, or Pin Planner.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can set all pin related assignments in the Pin Planner in the All Pins list at the bottom without having to use the Assignment Editor. If you do not see the I/O standard column, right-click in the All Pins list and enable the column.

0 Kudos