Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

Silent/Unattended Install Quartus II Subscription Package 13.0 SP1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

i have problems with the silent installation of Quartus II Subscription Package 13.0 SP1. I must install the software at three pc pools. 

QuartusSetup-13.0.1.232.exe" --mode unattended --unattendedmodeui minimal --installdir "C:\Altera

I use this command line to install Quartus silent. The problem is that i cant select the software that i need. We don't have a licence for ModelSim Altera Edition and we will only use the starter edition. But there is the problem. It installs both versions. I need a option to select the edition. 

The old installer had this option  

altera_installer_cmd.exe" --install=quartus --exclude_quartus_64bit --install=devices --install=modelsim_ase --target="C:\Altera" --source="C:\altera_12.1sp1_243

Is there an option to change this?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

push...no ideas?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

push...no ideas? 

--- Quote End ---  

I just have a similar problem in linux. I unpacked all the Quartus stuff, and just wanted to use the modelsim. The problem comes when I try to launch it in a server to make continuous integration...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I found that my problem came with not having ia32-libs package installed. Modelsim is 32-bit binary. 

In my case, also, modelsim is packaged in a unique installer, with no need to install the full Quartus suite but just modelsim
0 Kudos
SDunc1
Beginner

according to the manual you can use the --help switch to see the other install options via command line.

Doing this shows a switch called 'modelsim_edition'

It then shows: Default: modelsim_ase (starter edition), _ae I think is the Altera edition requiring a license

Allowed: modelsim_ase modelsim_ae

so to install it via command line silently, you would type or run a batch file with:

"ModelSimSetup-13.0.1.232.exe --unattendedmodeui none --mode qt win32 unattended --modelsim_edition modelsim_ase"

0 Kudos
SDunc1
Beginner

forget my post. it does NOT Work.

I tried editing the switches to "ModelSimSetup-13.0.1.232.exe --unattendedmodeui none --mode unattended --modelsim_edition modelsim_ase" and it still fails.

i'm trying to build an install package using this as a command-line installer, but fails.

Does anyone have a working installer for remote installations?

0 Kudos