Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Stratix 10 GX Development Board running BTS

TowerLy
Novice

Hi,

I am using Windows 10. I installed and set up Quartus Pro v17.1 as recommended in user guide. And also I installed Quartus-pro-17.1.0.240-devices-2 (1).tar and added to Quartus Pro v17.1. When I run BoardTestSystem.exe, it fails as "FPGA is mismatched". Then I go to Quartus Programmer. When I tick Auto Detect, 1SG280LU2F50E2VG FPGA is seen as unknown device. I think device package doesn't include 1SG280LU2F50E2VG FPGA device.

Note: Quartus-pro-17.1.0.240-devices-2 (1).tar file includes Stratix 10 part 1, part 2 and part 3

Samet

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

S10 GX dev kit board has 4 variance as below

• L tile ES silicon (Quartus Pro v17.1)
  • L tile Production silicon (Quartus Pro v18.0)
  • H tile ES silicon (Quartus Pro v17.1)
  • H tile Production silicon (Quartus Pro v18.1)

1. Can you verify to ensure you have configure all the board switch setting to the default position as recommended in user guide doc ?
  2. BTS software is very unique software that works with specific Quartus version only. Pls ensure you are using the correct Quartus version that match with your dev kit board FPGA silicon to launch the BTS software

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

S10 GX dev kit board has 4 variance as below

• L tile ES silicon (Quartus Pro v17.1)
  • L tile Production silicon (Quartus Pro v18.0)
  • H tile ES silicon (Quartus Pro v17.1)
  • H tile Production silicon (Quartus Pro v18.1)

1. Can you verify to ensure you have configure all the board switch setting to the default position as recommended in user guide doc ?
  2. BTS software is very unique software that works with specific Quartus version only. Pls ensure you are using the correct Quartus version that match with your dev kit board FPGA silicon to launch the BTS software

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

TowerLy
Novice

Thank you dlim. Yesterday, I ran BTS correctly by using v18.0. I have six boards to need testing. For four of them, there is no problem about temperature. For the other two boards, temperature increases without loading any .sof file. I saw 80°C on BTS gui while working, is it normal? Maybe, I will have to return these boards to Intel.

Regards,

Samet

0 Kudos