Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Suddenly Error (209040): Can't access JTAG chain

AAAAAAAAAA
Beginner

I have a board with a 10M04SCE144 FPGA which I have been using for more than a year now. I am using an Altera USB-Blaster II, also for more than a year. I am programming the device using Quartus Lite on a Linux machine, again for more than a year. A few days ago suddenly I started to get this error when trying to program the FPGA. With "suddenly" I mean that I was debugging some code and programming the FPGA every 5 minutes without issues and then this happened. After some minutes and some random restarts, it worked again. Now today the same happened but this time it is not coming back after restarting everything several times. Any help on how to solve this is very appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
AAAAAAAAAA
Beginner

Yes, everything looks fine. I also tried with a different USB Blaster and it happens the same. I suspect something got broken inside the FPGA somhow, because the TDO pin is not getting activated after the first TCK clock cycle. Now my main issue is that these MAX 10 FPGAs are worldwide out of stock. Can you suggest where to get a replacement?

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Yes, it could be the device or the blaster issue. You can try with another blaster as well.

Meanwhile for the device supply / lead time, kindly contact nearest local intel sales office for more information.

0 Kudos