Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20642 Discussions

Support for true LVDS or emulated LVDS output

AlexSilva
Beginner

Hi all, could someone please advise which CPLDs (or even FPGAs) support LVDS or emulated LVDS outputs? I have a design with an Intel CPLD part no. 5M40ZE64A5N but I can't get hold of them anymore - no more stock anywhere I look. My design has 25 I/O pins in total, 8 of them are differential outputs. 

This replacement device I'm looking for could be bigger in size and it doesn't really matter how we program it, but it would be a bonus if it was one-time programmable.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Most mid to high end CPLD and FPGA devices support LVDS I/O at this point.

The MAX V is still in active production, but like all FPGA/CPLD devices now is severely supply constrained.

Lead times are out in the 6 mos to 12 mos time frame. Pretty much for any device from any vendor.

Bigger (and smaller) MAX V devices exist, some with compatible I/O footprints.

One time programmable CPLDs and FPGAs are not a thing anymore. Haven't seen one in a long time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Most mid to high end CPLD and FPGA devices support LVDS I/O at this point.

The MAX V is still in active production, but like all FPGA/CPLD devices now is severely supply constrained.

Lead times are out in the 6 mos to 12 mos time frame. Pretty much for any device from any vendor.

Bigger (and smaller) MAX V devices exist, some with compatible I/O footprints.

One time programmable CPLDs and FPGAs are not a thing anymore. Haven't seen one in a long time.

AminT_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos