Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20677 Discussions

Transceiver native PHY Cyclone 10 gx, 7:1 serialization factor

frycoo
Novice

Hello.

Is it posible to use Transceiver Native PHY for Cyclone 10 GX as a transmitter with 7:1 serialization factor (i. e. for Camera Link output)? Can anyone give me a hint on how to configure it? I'm trying to use high speed serializers as I'm out of standard serializers due to huge serial data input and sdram driver.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you are inquiring about 7:1 serialization factor using Native PHY. For your information, this is not something supported by the Native PHY. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Not sure if this is something feasible, just some idea, probably you can explore into coding some adapter to convert your 7 bits parallel to the support data width ie 8 before feeding into Native PHY.

Thank you.

frycoo
Novice

Thanks for your reply. It was very helpful. Now I found that the Intel® Cyclone® 10 GX Transceiver PHY User Guide chapter 5.1.1.1. clearly states that 8, 10, 16, 20, 32, 40, and 64 are only supported serialization factors.

Nevertheless it seems to be possible to "deserialize" 7 bit vector into 8 bit vector as you suggested.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You are most welcome.

Thank you.

0 Kudos