Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Triple-Speed Ethernet - Verilog TX/RX example

vmetodiev
Novice

Dear Community,

Recently I have been struggling  to find a real-world Verilog example for (single) frame Ethernet TX/RX. I have successfully imported and synthesized the Triple-Speed Ethernet IP core on the Cyclone 10 LP kit. However, this where I got stuck. The IP core documentation confuses me, since it suggests using several TCL scripts that I am trying to avoid - it is not clear to me how they utilise the generated Top.v module at all.

May anyone help me with a simple example to transmit/receive a single Ethernet frame via Verilog code with the generated IP core? I need a completely bare-metal, processor-less and Avalon-less functionality. Just a simple "transceiver", maybe with a minimalistic FSM only.

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi Varban,

There are few simple option available in Intel website for Verilog Design Example. You may refer to it.

Kindly do let me know if you needed further support.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/design-examples/horizontal/verilog.html

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos
vmetodiev
Novice

Hi @Paveetirra_Srie ,

Thank you for your response, but the provided examples will be not sufficient in the context of an Ethernet transaction with the Triple-Speed IP Core. 

Kindly do let me know if you needed further support.

--> So... my answer is: yes, I will need further support, if possible!

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi,

Good day to you.

I believe you're working with Cyclone 10 devkit with TSE IP. We do have a reference design for TSE IP. Link provided below.

Kindly do let me know if you've tried this.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design-example/714768/cyclone-10-lp-intel-fpga-triple-speed-ethernet-and-intel-on-board-phy-chip-reference-design.html

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos
vmetodiev
Novice

Hi Pavee,

Yes, exactly, my question is based on the TSE IP and the official example for the Cyclone 10 LP that you have mentioned.

I am able to compile the IP, flash the FPGA over the USB-to-JTAG and run all of the TCL tests from the System Console.

However, I do not want TCL and Avalon-ST. 

I need simple Verilog examples on top of the TSE IP, with send/receive FSM funcionality

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi Varban,

Thanks for confirming. Unfortunately, we don't have example design based on your requirement.

I believe you can refer to UG below. It has prompt explanation on State machine Verilog.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683082/22-3/verilog-hdl-state-machines.html

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. 

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. 

Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos