Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Weird Problem With DE3 USB Host Demonstration

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello My Friends, 

I tried and spent a lot of time to running USB Host Demonstration Example on DE3 board through Nios II SBT instead of Nios II IDE (Legacy). Unfortunately, I failed and gave up. 

What I Did: 

USB Host Demonstration works fine when using demo_batch or importing software files (project_usb_host) to nios II ide and run it. Now I know the demonstration work fine with 

the de3 board and it's time to move to the next step (conversion). I have two method to convert from nios II ide to sbt: 

1. convert (project_usb_host) using nios command line (nios2-convert-ide2sbt) and then importing converted files to nios II sbt. 

2. create new project on nois II sbt and copy software files from (project_usb_host) to new project. 

I tried both of them and successes in compilation but failed in running.  

What Happens: 

When using nios II ide (legacy) and run the software, the 8 leds on the board blinked (blue, yellow, then red) and the 3 leds for USB lights (blue light), so that I can plug usb mass storage or mouse and see response on nios console. But when using nios II sbt and run the software, the 8 leds on the board also blinked, but the 3 leds are not light, and no respone on nios console when I pluged usb mass storage or mouse. 

Help Me, Please 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Really great. Thanks for good idea.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My problem solved but I don't know why it solved like this :) 

I just change toolchine from MinGW Nios II GCC4 (which is a default one when create or import new project for SBT on windows) to Cygwin Nios II GCC and recompile the new project. So why I have to change toolchine type ??
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

please, any help !!!

0 Kudos