Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20702 Discussions

What I/O standard shall I use in the pin planner to use a differential pair signal in a FPGA bank connected to 3.3V to compile my project ?

KK000
Beginner

I am connecting VCCIO of some FPGA bank to 3.3 V for interfacing FPGA with ADC and DAC, Can anyone tell me what I/O standard should I give in .QSF for Differential inputs and outputs in Cyclone V FPGA.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SreekumarR_G_Intel
Hello Kabilan, Can you kindly more elaborate on the ADC and DAC transmitter side ? It is also based on the IO frequency performance you would like to use. Also can I know which FPGA device you are using it ? Thank you , Regards, Sree
0 Kudos
KK000
Beginner

FPGA device I am using is CycloneV 5CSXFC6F31.

ADC and DAC used is AD9653 and AD9783 respectively.

0 Kudos
Abe
Valued Contributor II

For the ADC, the LVDS standard used is 1.8V LVDS, for this the FPGA interface should also match the same LVDS standrad and the IO Bank should be set as 1.8V LVDS.

For the DAC, the LVDS input range is from 800mV to 1600mV, so setting the FPGA interface for the DAC to 1.8V LVDS should work fine for this device too .

0 Kudos
KK000
Beginner

ok thanks.

Can I give "LVDS" as I/O standard for the fpga banks connected to 3.3 V power supply.

0 Kudos
SreekumarR_G_Intel
Hello Kabilan , can you please refer the table 20 in below link , LVDS support the max VCCIO of 2.5V in cyclone V devices. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/mcn1422497163812.html Thank you , Regards, Sree
0 Kudos
KK000
Beginner

Hi,

Actually what I want to know is If I am using I/O standard LVDS for DAC interfaced FPGA bank, does it supply 3.3V or 2.5V to DAC?

Thanks in Advance,

0 Kudos
SreekumarR_G_Intel

sorry for very late response , It is depends on the what is your VCCIO bank supply where it is DAC channel is connected .

Thank you ,

Regards,

Sree

0 Kudos