Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20678 Discussions

What IO standard(s) require settings involving "Half VCCIO" and "Half Signal Swing"

CRAMF1
Beginner

I have compiled an example design from Intel in QPP 18.1 and I am getting errors with the following settings:

set_global_assignment -name OUTPUT_IO_TIMING_NEAR_END_VMEAS "HALF VCCIO" -rise

set_global_assignment -name OUTPUT_IO_TIMING_NEAR_END_VMEAS "HALF VCCIO" -fall

set_global_assignment -name OUTPUT_IO_TIMING_FAR_END_VMEAS "HALF SIGNAL SWING" -rise

set_global_assignment -name OUTPUT_IO_TIMING_FAR_END_VMEAS "HALF SIGNAL SWING" -fall

This seems to be a know issue (error 20403) and there is an article posted by Intel dated 24 Jan 2019. The syntax suggested is not fully helpful because it does not state which IO standard(s) require its pins to have the "Output_IO_Timing_near_end_vmeas" and "Output_IO_Timing_far_end_vmeas" settings. Is this only for LVDS pins?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi CRAMF,

May I know the full number of error? (seem like I cannot search your error 20403)

And, "there is an article posted by Intel dated 24 Jan 2019", may I know the link for your referring article?

Thanks

0 Kudos
CRAMF1
Beginner

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/component/2019/global-setting-is-not-supported-the-instance-as-listed-below-in-.html?wapkw=329006

You will not see this within the forum. You have to do a search for "329006" here:

Somebody has said that these assignments are obsolete. Why does Intel still keep them and cause confusion?

Chundra

0 Kudos
CRAMF1
Beginner

Annotation 2020-04-28 122620.jpg

0 Kudos
CRAMF1
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos