Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20678 Discussions

What is the maximum clock frequency input (CLK0p) for a Max10 single supply voltage(10M02SCU169I7G)?

AOlse
Beginner

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_x_h_75
New Contributor III

Refer to the device family's datasheet.

However, it's far more dependent on what logic you're trying to drive with it...

Cheers,

Alex

0 Kudos
CalvinJoaz_P_Intel

Hi AOlse, 

Kindly check the 'MAX 10 FPGA Device Datasheet' link below on - Page 26 (Table 27)

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/max-10/m10_datasheet.pdf

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
AOlse
Beginner

Thanks a lot.

It says in the note "This parameter is limited in the Intel Quartus Prime software by the I/O maximum frequency. The maximum I/O frequency is different for each I/O standard."

Do I have to compile the hole design to be able to see this or is there some other way?

I'm designing the hardware now and want to make sure that the device can handle the input frequency before starting to compile/program fpga.

Thanks

Anders

0 Kudos
a_x_h_75
New Contributor III

Yes - you should consider compiling a representative design before completing any hardware. Using Quartus allows you to both confirm pinouts and helps you with timing issues.

You mention input frequency. Modern FPGAs, inclucing MAX 10, have PLLs allowing you to configure the speed at which the logic is clocked. Providing you chose a sensible input frequency for your source clock you will be able to retain a great deal of flexibility through the FPGA design. Failing that it's usually not hard to find a clock source, in the same package, with a different frequency...

Cheers,

Alex

0 Kudos