Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

custom part EPM240ZXXAA info please

GT3
Novice

Is there any information on custom part EPM240ZXXAA available?  I'm trying to find out what it is, a datasheet would be useful. I'm wondering if by chance it could be used as a drop in replacement for our usual part EPM240ZM68C7N ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Customer part number is only for specific customer. MAX II is not yet obsolete, hence there is no replacement for it.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
GT3
Novice

Yes I assumed it was for a specific customer which is strange because a distributor has 437 available which is why it would be useful to find the spec for it.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Which distributor has the stocks available? Is it Intel authorized distributor? Did you check with the distributor what is the function for the additional suffix 'AA'?

We can say that the function for the normal OPN number and the OPN with additional suffix, should have the same functionality. Just the additional suffix will have additional function.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
GT3
Novice

Yes they are an Intel authorised distributor. They have no information at all regarding the part number. 

Have you looked up this part number?

The "XX" also does not appear in the Figure 6–1. MAX II Device Packaging Ordering Information on your datasheet.

GT3_0-1675157581728.png

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I believed the 'XX' in EPM240ZXXAA  is just a random alphabet added to show that it can be any package type and pin count.

One example of real OPN number is EPM240GM100C5N.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos