Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
21017 Discussions

ddr3 Micron presets

ramsoffer_123
New Contributor I

hi Everyone,

Im working with CYCLONE V FPGA. we want to combine ddr3 in our design.

my question is about the presets in the mega wizard ip.

our board design chose ddr3 component part number: MT41K128M16JT-125 IT:K TR

the closest preset that i found in the mega wizard for this one is: MT41J128M16HA-125.

ramsoffer_123_0-1687789478961.png

1) the question is if there is a difference between the components in configuration?

in internal routing? or something else that i am missing.

2)also what is the difference between HA and JT?

3)if i will load the configuration of MT41J128M16HA-125 preset on the MT41K128M16JT-125 IT:K TR component it is ok?

appreciate your answers.

BR,

Ram. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You'd probably need to check the data sheets from Micron to find the differences.  I wouldn't use a preset that's for a specific device without confirming in the device's datasheet that the presets match up and will work for my different device.

Perhaps you can use the preset as a starting point and edit it as needed for your device.  You could then save the adjusted parameters as a new preset for future designs.

0 Kudos
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

Hi Ram,

1) the question is if there is a difference between the components in configuration?

in internal routing? or something else that i am missing.

• This preset will help to fill up the memory configuration in the IP that related to memory device.

2)also what is the difference between HA and JT?

3)if i will load the configuration of MT41J128M16HA-125 preset on the MT41K128M16JT-125 IT:K TR component it is ok?

Regards,

Adzim

0 Kudos
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous reply that we have provided, I now transition this thread to community support. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos
ramsoffer_123
New Contributor I

thank you for the reply.

0 Kudos