Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

how do data in rpd file map into configuration flash with arria10

XG_Kang
Novice

RPD file usually is used to update configuration flash。when using Arria 10 device,full compiling will generate a map file,  this map file give the information that configuration data starts at 0x0000_0020 for Arria10 device。My question is : should the first byte in RPD file send to address 0x0000_0020 at flash ,or, should the first byte in RPD file send to address 0x0000_0000 at flash? Where  I can find  detailed descriptions? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

For Arria 10, the jic file will automatically reserved address 0x0 to 0x20 for address mapping use for remote update system. If you are not using is then it should be fine to programmed it into 0x0. If you are using jic file then it will automatically reserved the 0x0 to 0x20 as mention in the documentation that I provided to you regarding remote system update.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You will need to follow the .map file to define where you should start sending your rpd file starting address. The reason is that in Arria 10, it will have a header to determine where the golden image is location that you would like to configured to.

0 Kudos
XG_Kang
Novice

Thanks for your reply.

Are there any document or application note descripting the mapping between rpd file and its corresponding jic file?

It is very curious that I send  rpd data to flash  started from address 0x0000_0000 ,FPGA Configuration works correctly。According to Map file, rpd data should send to flash started from address 0x0000_0020。Could Intel give definite discription?

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

For Arria 10, the jic file will automatically reserved address 0x0 to 0x20 for address mapping use for remote update system. If you are not using is then it should be fine to programmed it into 0x0. If you are using jic file then it will automatically reserved the 0x0 to 0x20 as mention in the documentation that I provided to you regarding remote system update.