Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

is it a good choice to use max10 in my new project?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Since the launch of max10, I'm very interested in it. 

onchip flash, onchip adc, single power supply can bring great convenience to my design. 

now i want to use max 10 10m16 S A U169 in the company's new product,but I have some concerns: 

1.reliability 

max 10 is a new device, i am a little worry about its reliability. 

my product life is 5 years, I need a reliable device 

2.Production 

is it easy to get this device? 

someone use this device, please give me some advice.It is very important for me. 

choosing the wrong device is a disater. 

there must be altera engineers in this forum, look forward to your reply.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I tried MAX10 for a prototype board for a project. I did not use for a long time but it was ok. 

I did not use the analog features. 

I used the QFP package. 

It is good for small area requirements as it does not require a lot of power supplies. 

I advise you to buy an evaluation board first to try. 

I could run nios (E version) on it. 

You can get it from digikey or mouser. I think you should check the websites regularly because sometimes the chip are not available a lot.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you're concerned about reliability you will need to ask Altera for figures. This forum is only likely to yield you some "it worked OK for me" responses. I doubt you'll be happy to rely on that before designing it in. 

As for availability - ask your local distributor. They're likely to ask for some projected volumes. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

the Max 10 is at least 2 years in the market and I have not heard any issues regarding its reliability. The latest information you should find here:https://www.altera.com/support/quality-and-reliability/reports-tools/reliability-report/rel-report.html 

Cheers, 

fade
0 Kudos