Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20687 Discussions

make <e=2> the system cannot find the file specified

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Itry to run the project in DEmonstrations SOC-fpga-my first _hps_fpga flowing the same steps like this project :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wuket4-q7q 

My operationg system is windows8.1 

I used shell commend nios II LIKE IN THE TUTORIAL BUT: 

when I launch make  

arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-static-g-wall -I/ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/include -c main.c -o-main.o 

process began :create Process<NULL, arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-static-g-wall -I/ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/include -c main.c -o-main.o ---> failed  

the error was : make <e=2> the system cannot find the file specified . 

MY MAKEFILE IS : 

TARGET = my_first_hps 

CROSS_COMPILE = arm-linux-gnueabihf-  

CFLAGS= -g -Wall -l ${SOCEDS_DEST_ROOT}/ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/include 

LDFLAGS= -g -Wall 

CC=$(CROSS_COMPILE)gcc 

ARCH=arm 

all:$(TARGET) 

$(TARGET):main.o $(CC)$(LDFLAGS) $^ -o $@ 

%.o: %.c $(CC)$(CFLAGS) -c $< -o $@ 

.PHONY:clean 

clean: rm -f $(TARGET)*.a.*o*~ 

thank u 

help me please
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

1 - you need some spaces after the $(CC) commands or the flags will be inserted as a part of the command name instead of a flag.  

2 - the commands need to be put on a line under the target description, and idented with a tab (not spaces iirc, make can be very picky): 

$(TARGET):main.o $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) $^ -o $@ %.o: %.c $(CC)$(CFLAGS) -c $< -o $@  

3 - are you sure this is the makefile you are using? When executing the command there seems to be a -static flag inserted in the command line, but I don't see it in your CFLAGS. 

4 - it looks like the SOCEDS_DEST_ROOT environment variable is not define when make is running. Are you running make from the SOC EDS command shell? It won't work if you do it from the regular command line.
0 Kudos