Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

max10 compile warning ID=169202 inconsistent VCCIO across multiple banks of configuration pins >> How to solve this ?

SVran
Beginner

Dear,

10M08SCU169I7G  with  vccio1B=1.8v; vccio8=3.3V ​ (vccio1a=2.5v)Configuration pins are in  banks 1B + 8

Quartus prime 18.0 standard build 614

Warning (169202): Inconsistent VCCIO across multiple banks of configuration pins. The configuration pins are contained in 2 banks in 'Internal Configuration' configuration scheme and there are 2 different VCCIOs.

Regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi Stefan,

The problem of this warning ID because the configuration pins are powered by different Vccio in different banks.

Solution: Enforce a configuration voltage level in the Configuration tab

Cheers

0 Kudos
SVran
Beginner

Hello Shafiq,

Pin-planner signal list shows vccio1b=1.8 and vccio8=3.3 because I defined these io-standards on their signals in assignment-editor.

assignments > device > device and pin options > configuration : in this screen I tried with box checked/unchecked "Force Vccio to be compatible with configuration IO-voltage: but this gives no difference .... I don't see anything else I that relates to Vccio 0 config pins ? ?

Regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi Stefan,

The issue is the configuration pins are powered by different Vccio.

Have you tried use the same voltage for I/O bank 1B and I/O bank 8? If yes, is it able to solve the issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
SVran
Beginner
​Hello shafiq, PCB-layout is ongoing and I need to be sure that Vccio-1b and Vccio-8 do NOT need to be the same volage. Why should banks 1b and 8 need to have the same voltage as they have different Vccio-pins ? Vccio-1b = 1.8V because jtag pins are wired to a 1.8V powered device. Vccio-8 = 3.3V because bank8 pins are wired to 3.3V devices Changing this will impact my design and pcb-layout. Either can you confirm that Vccio-1b and Vccio-8 are allowed to be different voltage ? Or tell me how to suppress this warning ID=169202 ? Regards, Stefan
0 Kudos
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi Stefan,

I'm apologize to take so much time to get the confirmation regarding to this issue. I tested on my side and get the further confirmation from my colleague.

The rule of thumb: The VCCIO for bank 1B (bank 1 for 10M02 devices) and bank 8 must be powered up to a voltage between 1.5V – 3.3V during configuration.  

Thus, as long as your Bank 1B & Bank 8 is powered up between that range, you are allowed to have different voltage or same voltage.

When I did the duplication on my side, I also got the same warning as yours:

warning 169202.png

Actually the warning that you get[Warning (169202)], is the false warning from Quartus. Quartus software Team will fixed it this false warning in future Quartus release.

You may refer to this KDB:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/tools/2018/-warning--169202---inconsistent-vccio-across-multiple-banks-of-c.html?wapkw=warning%20169202

I'm apologize for inconvenience.

Thanks

0 Kudos
SVran
Beginner

Hello Shafiq, ok issue clarified. I understand this is a false warning and it will be solved in a future Quartus release. By the way I also tried with Quartus19.1 standard edition but false warning is still there.

Regards, Stefan

0 Kudos
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi Stefan,

The issue has not been solved in Quartus 19.1 standard.

This warning will be remove in a future release of the Quartus standard

I'm apologize for inconvenience.

Thanks

0 Kudos