Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers

nios fpga

mjobbeh
Beginner

We are working on a Nios system targeting a DE2-115 kit. When running the code on SDRAM (Run As -> Nios II Hardware), the code is executed in the required speed, but when loading the code from EPCS memory (sof + elf file), the code execution suffers from delay issues. We tried to choose the boot copier method that copies the Nios II processor application “from EPCS memory to RAM” by leaving unchecked all BSP settings in Settings.Advanced.hal.linker, but the code is still suffering from performance issues. It leads us to the conclusion that the code is still executing-in-place from EPCS memory. Please find attached to this message some figures showing our Nios settings.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

we are working on this issue, and

how are you saying code code execution suffers from delay issues.

0 Kudos
mjobbeh
Beginner

Hi .

because we think code run on EEPROM (EPCS) instead of SDRAM, when it run , it take dealy about 10 to 20 second to execute instruction while take less than 1 second when run on SDRAM.

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

please check your linker scripts, because there you can select the where you have to execute the code. so once check in your linker script.

0 Kudos
mjobbeh
Beginner

I tried all Linker script options, but i had the same problem,Does the schematic of  de2-115 board or the size of code affect the load of code from EEPROM. 

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos