Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

problem using altmemphy to read ddr2

XQSHEN
Novice

1) need forum admin to help, I can not post any reply to below topic. Not sure if it's a website bug.

2) answer to below topic:

Did the calibration finished properly in the design?

> Yes, it's running on actual demo board, and the local_init_done = high 

What is the test_start signal does?

> It's not related to ddr2. It's only a signal for my application after ddr2 ready.

Is there a waitrequest signal in your design?

> not used. 

How do you perform the write and read transaction?

> you can look at below picture by ddr2 controller local interface, such as local_address, local_wdata, local_write_req, local_burstbegin.....  I am using the exact sequence documented in intel guideline.

3) correct one information: ddr2 part number is MT47H32M16CC-3

https://community.intel.com/t5/Programmable-Devices/problem-using-altmemphy-to-read-ddr2/m-p/1382338

XQSHEN_0-1652222818163.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

Hello,

The local_ready still been asserted in the write transaction which I think the transaction still not be done.

You can enable the ECC in the EMIF IP setting to see if there is data error in your design.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos