Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
19679 Discussions

problem using altmemphy to read ddr2

XQSHEN
Novice

1) need forum admin to help, I can not post any reply to below topic. Not sure if it's a website bug.

2) answer to below topic:

Did the calibration finished properly in the design?

> Yes, it's running on actual demo board, and the local_init_done = high 

What is the test_start signal does?

> It's not related to ddr2. It's only a signal for my application after ddr2 ready.

Is there a waitrequest signal in your design?

> not used. 

How do you perform the write and read transaction?

> you can look at below picture by ddr2 controller local interface, such as local_address, local_wdata, local_write_req, local_burstbegin.....  I am using the exact sequence documented in intel guideline.

3) correct one information: ddr2 part number is MT47H32M16CC-3

https://community.intel.com/t5/Programmable-Devices/problem-using-altmemphy-to-read-ddr2/m-p/1382338

XQSHEN_0-1652222818163.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

Hello,

The local_ready still been asserted in the write transaction which I think the transaction still not be done.

You can enable the ECC in the EMIF IP setting to see if there is data error in your design.

Thanks.

AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.