Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

signal tap invalid data received

JC_arlen
Beginner

Hello, 

I have an ALTERA USB Blaster, some year ago i used it with a Cyclone IV without any problem using Signal Tap .

Now i am trying to use the same ALTERA USB Blaster with  EP4CE10E22 , it works ok downloading the bitstream, but using Signal tap i got the next situation.

* it is a simple scheme , i use a button to turn  on a LED, when i read the state of the button , the state is always '1' , even when i press the button (state '0') the state doesn't change

JC_arlen_1-1667695665344.png

JC_arlen_2-1667695877460.png

*when i press Autorun analysis, it shows "invalid data received"

JC_arlen_3-1667696165247.png

*if i set a falling edge trigger condition to the i_button, it shows "waiting for trigger" and after some seconds it shows "invalid data received"

This is the program 

module prueba(i_clk, i_button, o_led);
	input i_clk;
	input i_button;
	output reg o_led;

always@(posedge i_clk) begin
		o_led <= i_button;
	end
endmodule

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

CAUSE: You tried to run the Signal Tap Logic Analyzer, but the communications cable or circuit board is disconnected, or you made changes to the circuit board. As a result, the Signal Tap Logic Analyzer cannot acquire data.

ACTION: Make sure the communications cable and circuit board are connected to your system, and re-attempt to run the Signal Tap Logic Analyzer.

Reference: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/current/index.htm#msgs/msgs/esedq_jtag_err_handware_changed.htm

Most likely is connection issue or you might have made changes to the signal tap and need to recompile.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 9/10 survey.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

May I know does my latest reply help to solve your problem?

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
JC_arlen
Beginner

Hello, sorry for being late to answer.

I tested the USB blaster with another board and it works perfectly, so there is something wrong with my board.  It is strange because i don't have any problem to download the bitstream.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Good to hear that you are to resolve the issue!

With that, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 9/10 survey.

0 Kudos