Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

.sof not generated

MWang65
Beginner

Hello,

I am currently using Arria 10 SOC development board on Quartus Prime 17.1. I am trying to evaluate DisplayPort IP. I have instantiated the DisplayPort IP by going to IP Catalog -> Library -> Interface Protocols -> Audio & Videos -> Intel FPGA DisplayPort and go from there. The design can pass Analysis & Synthesis and Fitter, but when it comes to the Assembler stage, no .sof was generated. Here is the warning message

Warning (115003): Can't generate programming files for your current project because you do not have a valid license for the following IP core or cores.

Warning (115005): Unlicensed IP: "DisplayPort(6AF7 0109)"

Now, I don't have the license, but my understanding is that if I am running the OpenCore Plus evaluation mode, I should still be able to generate .sof, either tethered, or untethered (timg_limited).

Under Assignments -> Settings -> Compilation Process Settings -> More Settings, I have tried setting "Intel FPGA IP Evaluation Mode" to both Enable and Disable, but in either case, no .sof is generated

Greatly appreciated any help!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JOHI
New Contributor II

Hello

Did you dowload the right version of quartus?

Are you able to compile other ip (nios cpu or others)

Best Regards

Johi.

0 Kudos
MWang65
Beginner

Hi Johi,

I am using Quartus 17.1 Standard edition with Arria 10 SoC development board (10AS066N3F40E2SG)

My application is mainly transceiver and video interface; I haven't not had the chance to use NIOS.

I have attached a screenshot of a list of IPs we have for Quartus 17.1. We also have another, older project that uses Quartus 14.1 Standard edition with Arria V, and I have also attached a screenshot of a list of IPs for that. For the Quartus 14.1 project, since we have the DisplayPort IP, it compiles and generates a .sof without any issue. However, for the Quartus 17.1 project, I thought it will still generate a .sof in evaluation mode, even without a license.

One other related question I have is, are IP licenses limited to a specific version of Quartus? From the screenshots, you can see that we have DisplayPort license when opening the project in Quartus 14.1, but we don't have the license when opening the project in Quartus 17.1, even though in both case, we use the same license server path

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
MWang65
Beginner

Adding a screenshot...

0 Kudos
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi MWang65,

I'm apologize for late reply. I just realize your issue haven't solved.

I suspect your license expired. Can you provide your license.dat file for checking? And you can also reply/attach your license.dat file in private message to me.

Please let me know when you send your license.dat to my private message.

Thanks.😉

p/s: OpenCore Plus doesn't not support Display Port IP. That the reason why you can't generate the .SOF file.

0 Kudos
MWang65
Beginner

Hello, thanks for your reply. I don't have access to the license.dat because we have been pointing to our R&D partner's license server. It may be difficult for me to obtain it.

I found something interesting though. If I generated the example DisplayPort design using Quartus software (17.1), I can generate time-limited .sof from the example design project. This suggests that OpenCore Plus (evaluation mode) is enabled

0 Kudos