Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

when I compile design files with ip , what files should I compile?

leagend5489
Novice

Hi.

I am recently working on MAX10 evaluation broad. I try to simulation PLL IP and ADC IP on MODELSIM. I get a problem here.

when I compile design files, what files should I compile? 

here is what I thought.

1.my top module

2. my top testbench module

3.my ip files (I create it with Qsys) the path is 

<MYIPNAME>>SIMULATION>SUBMODULES> 

all 'v file' in 'submodules' 

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MathiasB
New Contributor I

Hi,

When you generate IP and/or Qsys files, you have the option to generate simlulation files. Once done, in your IP or Qsys subdirectory, you should have a sim(ulation)/mentor/msim_setup.tcl file.

At the top of this file is described the process on how to use it.

Basically, it defines some variables for parameters and procedures to compile and run modelsim. What I do is write a script that:

1) runs this msim_setup.tcl (makes the calling script aware of definitions and procedures)

2) compiles my user files

3) runs the procedures from the script to compile Intel's stuff

4) Changes some variable definitions to link my libraries (the -L switch)

5) run the final Intel procedure to launch modelsim

To put it in a nutshell, follow instructions in sim(ulation)/mentor/msim_setup.tcl

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MathiasB
New Contributor I

Hi,

When you generate IP and/or Qsys files, you have the option to generate simlulation files. Once done, in your IP or Qsys subdirectory, you should have a sim(ulation)/mentor/msim_setup.tcl file.

At the top of this file is described the process on how to use it.

Basically, it defines some variables for parameters and procedures to compile and run modelsim. What I do is write a script that:

1) runs this msim_setup.tcl (makes the calling script aware of definitions and procedures)

2) compiles my user files

3) runs the procedures from the script to compile Intel's stuff

4) Changes some variable definitions to link my libraries (the -L switch)

5) run the final Intel procedure to launch modelsim

To put it in a nutshell, follow instructions in sim(ulation)/mentor/msim_setup.tcl

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the answer MathiasB.

This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos