Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
Announcements
Need Forum Guidance? Click here

Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
18510 Discussions

where can find the user guide of "Avalon-MM Clock Crossing Bridge IP" in Quartus 19.2 ?

JET60200
New Contributor I

Hello,

I check customer PCIE AVMM DMA design , and find an "Avalon-MM Clock Crossing Bridge" module inside. BUt from PLatform Designer, I don't find the IP 's user guide ?

Where can I find ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

Bridges are used to control the topology of a Qsys system. The Avalon-MM Clock Crossing Bridge transfers Avalon-MM commands and responses between different clock domains. You can also use the Avalon-MM Clock Crossing Bridge to bridge between AXI masters and slaves of different clock domains. You can refer to the link below for more information.

Reference: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-qps-platform-designer...

p.s. Don’t forget to Reply, and Select the Best Answer. :)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Bridges are used to control the topology of a Qsys system. The Avalon-MM Clock Crossing Bridge transfers Avalon-MM commands and responses between different clock domains. You can also use the Avalon-MM Clock Crossing Bridge to bridge between AXI masters and slaves of different clock domains. You can refer to the link below for more information.

Reference: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-qps-platform-designer...

p.s. Don’t forget to Reply, and Select the Best Answer. :)

View solution in original post

JET60200
New Contributor I

That's very useful guidance , Thanks for your reply @ShyanYewT_Intel​  :)

JET60200
New Contributor I

Hi @ShyanYewT_Intel​ ,

Inside Quartus Standard Edition 18.1, I wanto create a proect example , and instantiate an "Avalon-MM Clock Crossing Bridge IP" in IP Catalog,

But I don't find where can I ADD IP of "avmm clock cross bridge"? Can you give some advice ?

avmm_clock_bridge.png

RichardTanSY_Intel

You can only find it in the IP catalog of platform designer. Go to Tools > Platform Designer.