Honored Contributor II

hello,

i got a problem, here is the my code : attachment 1

and part of the top module is below: attachment 2

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Check reset and clock signals into your design, make sure your module is not stuck in to the reset state.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

A design entity is removed in synthesis, if no output pin depends directly or indirectly on it's operation or if it has constant output.  

Cause the design is incomplete, I'm unable to see, what is the reason here. I guess, that all output data from the said module gets lost in other parts of the design, that are missing in the posted code. But it can be usually determined from synthesis warnings.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

A design entity is removed in synthesis, if no output pin depends directly or indirectly on it's operation or if it has constant output.  

Cause the design is incomplete, I'm unable to see, what is the reason here. I guess, that all output data from the said module gets lost in other parts of the design, that are missing in the posted code. But it can be usually determined from synthesis warnings. 

--- Quote End ---  

I have brief look to your source code. It lookslike that the problem is your address generation. It looks to me that READ_RAM_ADDR is never set to "1" 

//ram address 

always@(negedge CLOCK or negedge RESET_X) 

begin 

if(!RESET_X) 

begin 

READ_RAM_ADDR <=# P_DLY 10'b0; // GPK 

end 

else if(READ_RAM_ADDR == 1'b1) begin 

if(clkcnt == 6'd10) 

READ_RAM_ADDR <=# P_DLY 10'd1; 

if(clkcnt == 6'd20) 

READ_RAM_ADDR <=# P_DLY 10'd2; 

if(clkcnt == 6'd30) 

READ_RAM_ADDR <=# P_DLY 10'd3; 

else 

READ_RAM_ADDR <=# P_DLY READ_RAM_ADDR; 

end  

else  

READ_RAM_ADDR <=# P_DLY 6'd0; 

end
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I have brief look to your source code. It lookslike that the problem is your address generation. It looks to me that READ_RAM_ADDR is never set to "1" 

else if(READ_RAM_ADDR == 1'b1) begin 

if(clkcnt == 6'd10) 

READ_RAM_ADDR <=# P_DLY 10'd1; 

end 

--- Quote End ---  

sorry, i make a mistake, here READ_RAM_ADDR is READ_RAM_ENABLE. 

but its not the point.thankyou.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

--- Quote End ---  

thank you, i think its the point, according to you suggestion, i will check my design and make sure if this is the point of the problem.thanks again.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

thank you, i think its the point, according to you suggestion, i will check my design and make sure if this is the point of the problem.thanks again. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi,  

maybe I'm wrong, but I think your clkcnt is the problem: 

//clkcnt 

always@(negedge CLOCK or negedge RESET_X) 

begin 

if(!RESET_X) 

begin 

clkcnt <=# P_DLY 6'd0; 

end 

else if(READ_RAM_ENABLE == 1'b1) begin 

if(clkcnt == 6'd40) 

clkcnt <=# P_DLY clkcnt + 6'd1; 

else 

clkcnt <=# P_DLY clkcnt; 

end 

else 

clkcnt <=# P_DLY 1'b0; 

end 

The counter will never count, because after reset the clkcnt is set to "0".  

Your counter can only count at clkcnt = 40, but you will never reach this value.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you, pletz. I have crrect it , it should be 

"if(clkcnt <= 6'd40)", my popurse is that,as the signal is enable, "READ_RAM_ENABLE == 1'b1", and when the counter is less than 40, then it will add 1, when it reach to 40, it will be keep the value "40".
0 Kudos