Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Can see raid 0 drive via IRST but is off line when connected via explorer in windows 10

DJone17
Beginner

Recently windows has stop seeing the Drive D on my system, a Raid 0 drive which I can see and verify in IRST but cannot see in Explorer any more. I can see the general properties which show it has 0 bytes! I can see the hardware and the Volume properties under windows but It says the drive is not ready.

Can anyone help as there is a LOT of data on the drive I hope not to have to recreate.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Widower2008,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your RAID volume.

Can you please try the following to see if the issue persists?

Right click on Start > Disk Management > Right click on the disk that is shown as offline and select "online".

Please let me know how it goes.

Best Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos
DJone17
Beginner

I see no option to select "online"

Please see attached

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Widower2008,

I was reviewing this thread and I wanted to know if you need further assistance?

Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos
DJone17
Beginner

Yes the issue is still unresolved.

0 Kudos
DJone17
Beginner

Have tried to use diskpart to get more info. It appears the disk is online but the volume is offline. Any ideas how to resolve this as volume online says it could not online the volume.

Kind regards

Widower2008

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Widower2008,

The issue seems to be at file system level, which should be either NTFS or FAT32. Since the RAID volume is being recognized by the Intel® RST and Disk Management and there isn't any error in the System Report, I would recommend contacting Microsoft as this could be any partition that Windows is not recognizing or that was damaged somehow.

Best Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos