Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Cannot delete RAID 1 on Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management

Jetze
Beginner

Hello,

Okay so this is how it all went down. I purchased a new Dell XPS 9500 laptop and ordered a M.2 SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB. I wanted this drive to be the main drive because its faster. I cloned the original M.2 SSD and swapped them, no problems. Then I wiped the original drive. Then I set up a RAID 1 using Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management app. This all worked fine. 

Then 2 days later (today) I got a message when booting: 

- Abnormal status reported by rapid storage technology uefi driver

In the Intel software it said the Samsung SSD had failed and the RAID 1 had been degraded. Now I want to remove the RAID 1 completely, but I the software wont give me any options to do so (see screenshot).

Where can I get an option where it said to delete the RAID 1 configuration? 

My goal is to have the operating system on the Samsung SSD and then just the original SSD as a separate volume without any RAID.

Thanks in advance,

Jetze

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Jetze,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.    

Before to start, just to make sure, you can back up all your important files. Then, please try the following: 

Under the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology tool (Intel® RST) go to Create RAID volume , you should be able to select the array and delete it from there. 

In case you do not see this option, try the following 

Note: In case you are not able to access the IRST interface using Ctrl + I, you need to check with your system manufacturer (OEM) for the correct way to access the IRST interface since it can be within the system BIOS.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M   

Intel Customer Support Technician   

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Jetze,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.    

Before to start, just to make sure, you can back up all your important files. Then, please try the following: 

Under the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology tool (Intel® RST) go to Create RAID volume , you should be able to select the array and delete it from there. 

In case you do not see this option, try the following 

Note: In case you are not able to access the IRST interface using Ctrl + I, you need to check with your system manufacturer (OEM) for the correct way to access the IRST interface since it can be within the system BIOS.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos
Jetze
Beginner

Hello Sebastian,

Thanks for your help. I entered the ROM user interface and from there I could set the SSD's from RAID to non-RAID. This worked perfectly. 

Thanks alot!

Greetings, Jetze

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Jetze, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I am glad to hear that you were able to solve the problem, based on that, we will mark this thread as solved and will proceed to close it. 

If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this one will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos