Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Endless disk scanning in Raid1

Stellar38
Beginner
I have a motherboard with Q370 chipshet that manages two new 1To sata disks (server grade) in RAID1 with a CentOS8 linux installed (that declare the disks healthy). After several month the Raid system started to scan the disks during 7 hours with 100% of IO bandwith taken, OS is unusable during this time. At the beginning it was sporadic and now it happens everyday. I used smartctl to check disk health, it is ok , exept one crc error on one disk several months ago, on LBA 700000. Suspecting this disk and apermanent repairing, I removed it. But the scan continues to happen, even if the OS is not started, so I am sure it is not linked directly to it. I tried to switch to AHCI but the OS is corrupted in this case. So I switched back to RAID1.
Question: what could be the problem ? Whatever the error I can hardly justify such behaviour. Most important what could be the solution ? (except reinstalling the server on a 100% OS software Raid beacause I cannot at the moment - it is far at customer site).
Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Stellar38,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is the exact brand and model name of your motherboard?

2. What is the model brand and name of the HDD/SSD?

3. If possible, provide the version of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) tool.

4. Can you provide any pictures or videos of the issue?

5. Have you tried a clean installation of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) driver?

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Stellar38,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Stellar38

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos