Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

False positive SMART Event

smartino84
Beginner

I have a raid5 on 3 hd, few days ago it went on degraded mode and as suggested by RST i changed that HD with a new one.  

But now also the new hd it's reported as AT RISK(smart event),

i changed all sata cable and changed power supply lines. I also changed physical sata port and nothing, i got the same result.

Im not able to suppress smart and rebuild the array.

I also check the old drive and was in condition as reported by CrystalDiskInfo.

do you have any advice for me?

thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello smartino84,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?countrylabel=Asia%2520Pacific  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. What is the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) version?

3. What are the models name of the HDD used?

4. Have you tried with the drivers from the motherboard/laptop manufacturer?

5. Have you tried a clean installation of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) tool?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello smartino84,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello smartino84,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos