Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

How can I resurrect my IRST ssd that I "disabled" accidentally in Device Manager of Win10?

MSmit22
Beginner

I'm using a 2012 Samsung Gamer with an 8GB SSD paired with two 750GB drives and 16GB ram. From what I gather, the ssd was used solely to improve boot speed. My tech-savvy friends said otherwise, and that to repurpose the 8GB. Mistake! I went into Win 10's DeviceManger, found the drive, changed it from "enabled" to "disabled", and rebooted. Now, I can't boot at all. When I try recovery tools, I'm told to restart the system and choose an OS, but there's only Win10 on here, and no boot options appear. The system senses it can't boot.

For some reason, I can't use RSTRUI.exe to somehow revert back to a restore point. When I boot to a command prompt, I'm given X:, with little in it, and a C: that doesn't remotely look like my C:. There is no RSTRUI to run.

So, while it would be nice to just do the minor OS tweak and return to having the SSD "enabled", I think I'd be OK with just disabling the linkage between the SSD and the real boot partition C:

I see that I can remove the drive, etc., but before doing this, does anyone have a better suggestion? I really don't want to be forced into re-loading Win10.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello WafflerMark:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

My recommendation for this would be to perform a low level format in the SSD used for cache.

Another step would be to make the partition in the SSD "unallocated".

After performing one of the steps above, connect the SSD and turn on your computer.

Be aware that the information in the SSD would be deleted.

Regards,

Esteban C