Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

How to migrate RAID5 from z75 to z390

LeonErv
Beginner

Now my pc is z75 chipsets,and built a RAID5 with 3 harddisks.

Recent,I want to get a new pc with z390 chipsets.

How to migrate RAID5 to new pc?

Can I just move harddisks to new pc, or need to do anything else ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello LeonErv, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. Normally, if you move the array from one system to another it is possible that the Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology could recognize the array and so allows you to rebuild it by using the BIOS extension of Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology; however, since you are moving from 2 different chipsets it could affect the way it is recognized. Keep in mind that if you are moving from one motherboard to another and they are the same brand you can contact the manufacturer for more assistance. Before moving the array, please backup your important data to avoid any possible data loss. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello LeonErv, Were you able to check my post? Let me know if you need any more assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
LeonErv
Beginner

Hello DavidV,

Thank you for answering my question.

Which post i should check?

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello LeonErv, Thank you for your response: " Normally, if you move the array from one system to another it is possible that the Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology could recognize the array and so allows you to rebuild it by using the BIOS extension of Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology; however, since you are moving from 2 different chipsets it could affect the way it is recognized. Keep in mind that if you are moving from one motherboard to another and they are the same brand you can contact the manufacturer for more assistance. Before moving the array, please backup your important data to avoid any possible data loss. ". Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos