Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

I am attempting to install version 1903 of Windows 10 Pro, and keep getting hung up on an Intel RST error.

ESnyd1
Beginner

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

ESnyd1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your inquiry, if the error message that the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology application is showing is related to the iastora.sys, then please follow the next steps provided in the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055130/technologies/intel-rapid-storage-technology-intel-rst.html

The Intel® RST version provided in the link above is generic, meaning it might or might not work with your platform and in that case, we recommend to install the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology driver provided by the manufacturer of the laptop/motherboard, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
ESnyd1
Beginner

Hi Alberto,

I had already downloaded that version, but deleting the iastora folder made the difference. I am now up to date!

Thanks for the quick response

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

ESnyd1, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those results.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that after deleting the iastora folder you were able to install all the updates and now the computer is up to date.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
GCopp4
Beginner

I have the same problem. When I go to the link that you have posted I just don't understand which option to choose. I find the instructions very complicated and am afraid to try anything in case it results in my laptop not working.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

GCopp4, thank you for your response.

In that case, the best thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the laptop for them to further assist you, they might be able to access your computer remotely and follow the instructions provided previously on the link above.

Or you can also get in contact directly with Microsoft, for them to provide a detailed description of the steps you need to follow to fix this problem and be able to install the Windows* 10 update:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos