Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

I recently purchased a Dell Optiplex 5060 and installed Rapid Storage Technology. The software recognizes my two disks, but there is not an option to create a RAID with these disks. Any ideas why this might be?

KBlai3
Beginner

0 Kudos
1 Reply
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello KBlai3, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. The RAID volume must be created first before installing the operating system. If there is an operating system already installed, you will need to create the RAID in the BIOS extension of Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology which will delete any existing data and the operating system in the drives IF the SATA mode is set to AHCI. If the SATA mode is set to RAID you can create the RAID without deleting the information and operating system from the drive. Keep in mind that, if the hard drives are set as AHCI then you will need to leave it like that or else it may not allow you to boot from it or access the information again, If you switch to RAID mode then please re-install the operating system, for more information it is recommended to contact Dell*, they can guide you through the process. I will strongly suggest to backup all of your important information to avoid any possible data loss. I hope this helps. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos